Forgiveness

If you know me, you know I have a lot of trouble with forgiveness.

Not when it comes to forgiving other people - that's the easy part.

The hard part is forgiving myself... And letting go of the past...

It's hard for me to believe that God has truly forgiven me.

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that He has made my sins white as snow.

"'Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord.

'Though your sins are like scarlet,

They shall be as white as snow;

Though they are red like crimson,

They shall become like wool'" (Isaiah 1:18).

Thankfully, high school Haley has some words of wisdom for post-grad Haley (I recently stumbled upon my old journal of Christian poems from high school).

One such poem I titled, "Redemption," written on February 4, 2011, reminds me that in Christ I am forgiven, loved and redeemed.

Redemption

You wash away my sins,
Creating me anew.
You comfort my soul,
With a peace that's ever true.

Your forgiveness heals,
Restores and sustains.
Set free are my sins,
Like the snow and falling rain.

The mercy of Your saving touch,
Grants me a new heart.
Grateful am I, oh Lord,
For yet another start.

Without Your forgiveness,
Where would we be?
Imprisoned in the confines,
Of our sinful misery.

But now You've set us free,
In forgiving us all,
And I know that with You I can rise,
Whenever I fall.


"Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of His inheritance? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in steadfast love. He will again have compassion on us; He will tread our iniquities underfoot.

You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. You will show faithfulness to Jacob and steadfast love to Abraham, as You have sworn to our fathers from the days of old" (Micah 7:18-20).


The beautiful scenery that inspired me to write "Redemption" back in 2011 (and one of the few times it actually snowed in Dallas, Texas).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)