Beautiful Surrender

As I lie awake in bed at night,
I wonder how to make it through this fight.
This fight between myself and the world,
Between myself and temptations unheard.

How can I survive, conquer, overcome,
When the actions I've committed cannot be undone?
Where is strength to be found,
When fears and failures abound?

Trapped, feel I, beneath the chains of my despair,
Forever longing for someone simply to care.
In the midst of my misery, where is Peace?
Where is Hope as I worry and weep?

My eyes are open: I now can see,
That the lost are always found in Christ our King.
Grasping Peace requires letting go,
Letting go of worries about which He already knows.

When we struggle and suffer through pain,
He opens the eyes of the blind and lifts up the lame.
Our brokenness through Him is healed,
Our sins and past mistakes concealed.

We must surrender, let go, and move on,
Before He can get us back to where we belong.
Surrendering our worries and trusting in Him,
Over our fleeting trials, He will surely win.

It's a beautiful s u r r e n d e r.

"Surrender yourselves, then, to God.
Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
James 4:7

By: Haley Hoyle
May 4, 2011

Uganda // Summer 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)