Surrender

I lay it all down, here at Your feet,

My weary heart, my joy incomplete.

To You I run, before You I fall,

You are my Love, the Maker of All.

In You, I find, the fullness of life,

You are my Hope, in this world of strife.

You are my Light, my Strength, and my Song,

I praise Your great name, all the day long.

Each day, I know, that surrender is key,

To be fully Yours, to be fully free.


Yet I toss and turn and shout and fight,

Wrestling with God with all of my might.

When will I learn, that You're all I need?

When will I follow, blindly where You lead?

Hold me close, My God, for I am so scared,

Of the path to come, of the way You've prepared.

Of this life to which You're calling me,

Of the task of trusting in what I cannot see.

Still, I give up my worries and my fears,

To You who has loved me all these years.


"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)