New Place, Same God

Dates: February 5-8, 2015
Locations: Edinburgh, Scotland; St. Andrews', Scotland

You may have noticed already that I tend to do things a little differently when it comes to my blog.

I'm not really into keeping a travel blog and writing word-for-word what I've been doing.

I think anyone could go to another city or country and write about all the fabulous things to do there - the new sites, new people, new food, new smells, etc. It's all relatively the same. I mean, the way we each individually experience these new places is very different. People take in new places and react to change so differently.

But anyway, I digress. I'm not into keeping a travel blog and just saying everything I've done this semester.

I guess it's because I don't think of this semester as just a compilation of new places and new adventures.

Instead, I'm attempting to think of it as a chance to experience the exact same God in different corners of the world.

It's fascinating, really.

It doesn't matter where I am: it's the same God.
No matter what, no matter where, no matter when: He is faithful.

I love that. It all seems so simple, so common sense, but for some reason it's just so exciting to me.

I'm so lucky to have been so many places in my life at such a young age. I've lived in four states in the US (soon to be five when I *fingers crossed* move to New York City after graduation). I've spent time in Mexico, Russia, Italy, Uganda, the Netherlands, England, Belgium, and Scotland. I'm going back to the Netherlands this weekend and then to Spain the weekend after. By the end of this semester I will have been to so many new places. It really is so exciting for me. I feel as if my love of life is returning at full force. Everyday seems so exciting. Even if I'm exhausted, I have the energy to get up because I know that a new adventure awaits me.

Yet like I said before, the absolute best part of traveling is getting to experience the same God in completely new places.

I mean think about it, the same God I loved and worshipped in the chapel at Uganda Martyrs University in Nkozi, Uganda, is the same exact God I prayed to in Brussels, Belgium, or Edinburgh, Scotland.

I just think that's so freakin' cool.

My favorite part about traveling is exploring the churches in a brand new place. It makes me so happy. Here's some of my favorites so far.

Somewhere in the UK
Oxford, UK
Brussels, Belgium
St. Andrews', Scotland
I've also experienced some of the greatest sunrises and sunsets of my life here thus far. The best one was at St. Andrews'. Take a look at some of my favorites below.

These have been some of my greatest experiences of Jesus while being abroad. I see His face in every sunrise and sunset. They're so beautiful; they remind me of His breathtaking beauty. Enjoy!

Edinburgh (Arthur's Seat), Scotland
St. Andrews', Scotland
Seven Sisters Cliffs, UK
Praying for all of you beautiful souls, especially as Lent begins this week.

May your hearts be filled with His glory.

All my love,
Haley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)