Seasons

It is a noticeably different feeling, living with You vs. living without You.

It's a physical difference - a peace, a lightheartedness, a joy for which I've so longed.

And now, finally, I feel it all coming back to me. All at once, before I even know what's happening. Back to Your embrace, back to Your love. And I can't imagine anything more beautiful.

So many changes are occurring all around us right now, God. New jobs, new family members, new friends, new spouses. And at the same time, losing jobs, losing family members, losing friends, losing spouses. Sometimes it feels as if the world is slowly slipping through our fingers, as if the control we thought we had for just a few moments was all a lie.

Yet what we must realize is that the same God who loved us and captured our hearts last season is the same God who loves us and captures our hearts during this season. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8). In a world of chaos and endless change, He is the only constant. God is the same yesterday and today and forever. If that's not something to be happy about, then I don't know what is.

I'm fascinated with that concept, the idea of God being the same no matter where we are or what we're doing. It only makes sense why I'm so obsessed with traveling. I thrive in new places. Why? Because I know that the same God I worshipped and loved back home in Dallas, Texas, for 18 years of my life before college, is the same exact God whom I love and worship here at school in South Bend, IN, or this summer in Nkozi, Uganda, or next semester when I'm studying abroad in London. God is the same yesterday and today and forever. Whenever you feel like too many changes are occurring all around you, repeat this verse to yourself over and over again. God is the same yesterday and today and forever. It's so beautiful, isn't it? I sure think so.

A lot of changes have occurred in my life over the course of the past six months. Yet through each change I realize more and more the difference between going through change with God vs. going through change without God. Honestly, anyone who is able to single-handedly go through any sort without change without God, props to you bro, because I sure can't.

I realize more and more everyday that I cannot do it alone. And the more I cling to the cross, the more freedom I experience, the more alive I feel. God is my refuge, providing peace in times of trouble. "Truly, He is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken" (Psalm 62:6).

Guys. Seriously. Stop being depressed. Stop being miserable. Start living your life with Him and watch how things slowly begin to change for the better. No, life isn't perfect with Him...far from it, actually. Yet life with Him is exactly that: life with someone else. No, you don't need a physical person to make you feel whole. You should feel whole on your own. You can't love another person until you learn to love yourself. But to me one of the coolest things about our God is that because of Him, we never have to be alone. I am never alone and you are never alone, all because of our God. How cool is that?!

I'm praying for all of you sweet readers tonight, that your hearts may be filled with peace during this season of your life, whatever that season may be, and that you may know and understand that God is the same yesterday and today and forever. He is unchanging; He loves you; you are not alone.

Love you all!
Haley

A little tune for ya ~ Every Season by Nichole Nordeman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)