New Beginnings

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone; the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

Tonight, I am overwhelmed with the concept of new beginnings.

How lucky are we, that we have a God who meets us EXACTLY where we are. God does not meet us at the halfway point between our darkness and His light. Instead, He comes directly SPRINTS to where we are. He meets us in our darkness to shower us with more love and encouragement than we ever thought possible.

That's the greatest thing about God. He does the unimaginable, the unthinkable, the unbelievable...every single day.

"God is always doing 10,000 things in your life, and you may be aware of 3 of them." John Piper

Maybe this past year or these past few months have been the best of your life. Maybe they've been the worst. It matters not. All that matters is that today, on this very day, at this very moment, God is giving YOU a chance to start all over again.

This morning, I awoke to a life brand new. This morning was the start of my new beginning, the newest chapter of my beautiful life.

The past is gone; today, life is new.

For me, this year is all about new beginnings. My sophomore year of college was not exactly the best year of my life to say the least, but I learned more than I ever have in any other experience. With that being said, I have to keep reminding myself that everything from that year is O V E R. Life is brand new. The things of the past don't have to haunt me anymore. I am made new! I am free in Christ! And that's a beautiful feeling.

Today, the past doesn't have to haunt you anymore. Today, you are free.

Today, my dear sweet readers, is the start of your new beginning.

Make the most of it.

All my love,
Haley
Goodbye Dallas. Hello Notre Dame.
Junior year, let's go.
"Jesus was more brokenhearted, scarred and betrayed than anyone in history. Yet, He did not shut Himself off from us; Instead, He calls us unto Him. If you cannot trust anyone, right now, please trust Him. His scars are proof that you are loved more than you know. He will guide you through this pain, He will sit with you when you are weak, and He will carry you until you can walk again. Christ wants to see you run again, He wants to see you live in His glory. You just have to take His hand and walk; it will take all of you, but you will get all of Him. He is worth it." T.B. LaBerge

Comments

  1. BEAUTIFUL MEDITATION. Just what I needed for my mass tonight with the Seniors (community day). :)

    God bless you little angel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)