Just a Day in the Life

Date: July 16, 2014
Location: Nkozi, Uganda

Story time: Monday afternoon, I went on my daily walk through the village after visiting the kids at the primary school next door like I always do. With my authentic African rosary in hand, I headed for the chapel down the road. At one point I sat down in the grass to watch the beautiful Ugandan sunset and talk to Jesus for a bit, yet before I knew it out of the corner of my eye I saw a pack of 20-plus village kids sprinting towards me, screaming as loudly as they possibly could, and flailing their arms like wild animals. "MUZUNGU!" Oh great, I thought. Not again. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE these children with all my heart, but sometimes I just want to walk and pray in peace (especially after being here for two months), you know what I mean?! I just wanted to talk to God for a bit, but in that moment I realized today was not the day for silent prayers and peaceful walks. It wasn't until much later, when I was talking with my friend Packy about not getting some quiet time with God, that I realized something pretty cool.

"Well, who knows, maybe that was God's way of talking to you," he said.

Sometimes God speaks to us in the tiniest, simplest of ways.

Monday, He spoke to me through these children.

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'" (Matthew 19:14)

WARNING: Before you watch these videos, you might want to turn down your volume. Lots of laughter and screams from some crazy little ones. The first video features Denise, the two-year-old about whom I wrote in my most recent blog post. I hope you enjoy these videos; they're a tiny taste of the laughter and joy we get to experience in Uganda on a daily basis!
video

video

video

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)