Making Yourself Happy

There comes a time in life when you have to stop focusing all of your attention and energy on making other people happy and instead learn to make yourself happy.

You deserve to be happy.
You deserve to experience love.
You deserve to experience real, lasting friendship.
You deserve to experience fullness of life.
You deserve to make the decisions you want to make - the decisions that will bring you the highest level of happiness possible.
You deserve to take advantage of every single opportunity this life has to offer.
And most of all, you deserve to live a life that you are undeniably, absolutely, head-over-heels in love with.

I want to fall in love with life all over again.

When I reach the end of my life, I don't want to look back wondering what could have been.
What could have my life been like if I did what I truly wanted to do?
If I followed my heart?
If I pursued my passions?
What kind of person could I have become?

No, when I reach the end of my life, I want to be able to say that I EMBRACED everything before my eyes. My senses were fully engaged in everything this world had to offer. I was in love...with myself, with others, with life. I was filled with joy and every kind of good thing, making the conscious DECISION to be joyful even when everything I once held dear was breaking at the seams.

I deserve to be happy.
I deserve to experience love.
I deserve to experience real, lasting friendship.
I deserve to experience fullness of life.
I deserve to make the decisions I want to make - the decisions that will bring me the highest level of happiness possible.
I deserve to take advantage of every single opportunity this life has to offer.
And most of all, I deserve to live a life that I am undeniably, absolutely, head-over-heels in love with.

For so long, I've shared these words with other people, reminding them that they are worthy of a full life, the life of which they've dreamed.

And for the first time in my life, I am beginning to share these words with myself.

I have tried and I have failed.
I have climbed and I have fell.
I have loved and I have lost.

BUT I am not a failure;
I am not fallen;
I am not lost.

No, the Lord is making me new.
The Lord is making all things brand new.
And never before have I been so excited to experience this adventure with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)