The Letter, Part Two

My Child,

There's nothing that pains me more than the thought of you doubting your worth. I have carefully crafted you into the person I want you to be, yet often you wonder if that person will ever be "enough."

If only you saw yourself the way I see you now - and not just now, but every single moment of your existence. Every moment, I have showered you with My grace, and I have continually viewed you as nothing less than beautiful. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with how beautiful and how wonderful you truly are. Yet what's even more overwhelming is the fact that you don't see it.

Take a moment to focus all of your attention on these next three words: You are worthy. Trust Me, I know your thoughts before you even think them...and I know that right now, you disagree with Me. I search you, and I know you. I know when you sit and when you rise; I perceive your thoughts from afar (Psalm 139:1-2). Because I know you, I know you constantly deny your worth, and it pains Me more than you'll ever know to see you live this way.

Instead of looking for the good within yourself, you actively seek out the good in another. Rather than appreciating that "good" and admiring that person for who they are, you compare yourself. You're old and wise enough to know that "comparison is the thief of joy," yet you allow this thief to control the workings and desires of your heart. This thief of comparison comes to "steal and kill and destroy," but if only you would realize that I "come that you may have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10).

The more you grab hold of the life I am willing and longing to give you, the easier it will be to realize your worth. When you make loving and following Me your greatest priority in life, you will have no choice but to love yourself. The more you surrender yourself to Me, the more you will finally surrender to the fact that you are worthy of everything I have planned for you and more. I have so many plans for you, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). The only way you can explore these plans with confidence is if you begin to explore your worth with confidence.

Just for today, I need you to do something for Me. I need you to open your eyes - even if you have to force them open - and notice the worth in the world around you. More importantly, I need you to open your heart and realize the abundant worth that is within you - beautiful, wonderful, imperfect, yearning, growing YOU. Just for today, tell yourself you are worthy and loved. Lie to yourself no matter how hard it may seem and eventually these positive thoughts may become your reality. Love yourself today. Think nothing but positive thoughts today. As always, you have to "watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habit. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny" (Lao Tzu).

The foundation of every single one of your problems in life is the fact that you fail to see your worth, and the issue at the heart of this foundation is the fact that your focus is on yourself and not on Me. Focus your eyes on Me, see your worth, and watch how everything else will naturally fall into place.

Your Father

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)