What a Journey

My beautiful readers,

We are quickly approaching my blog's first birthday. In the summer of 2012, two of my cousins encouraged me time and time again to start a blog. At first I resisted, wondering what I possibly had to contribute to the faith. Only after my cousins' continual urging did I realize that sometimes God makes it very clear what we are to do with our time, if only we have the ears to listen to His call. He speaks in so many ways each day of our lives, through our family members, our friends, and even strangers, through books and His word, through music and poetry. His presence is so real and so rich in beauty and creativity. He finds new and exciting ways to speak to us every time we open our eyes in the morning to begin a new day. The moment we begin to realize this is the moment at which our lives truly begin.

I hope that in some small way, my blog has enriched your life and will continue to enrich your life. Don't worry, my blog and I aren't going anywhere anytime soon, despite the occasional negative comments I receive claiming that I am absolutely out of my mind for writing the things I write and claiming to be in love with a God I can't even see. But you know, that's what is so stinkin' beautiful about the faith. No matter how many times I come face-to-face with an outsider's negativity, I know the God I have come to love and serve wants nothing more than for me to continue to walk with Him. How beautiful is that! That the creator of the universe wants to get to know me, you, and everyone else on this planet on a deep and personal level. The great Saint Augustine (crazy atheist party animal turned rockstar Christian) once said that "God loves each of us as if there is only one of us."

So here we are, one year later, and the blog is still going strong. I'd like to take this time to say thank YOU for walking with me through this awesome journey every step of the way. Putting your thoughts out there is a very scary thing indeed, but the fear begins to diminish when you realize that you are surrounded by love. The beautiful feedback so many of you have given me this past year has served as the strength I needed to keep writing. Please, don't stop reading. Not for me, but for you. This blog isn't about me. This blog is about taking what I have learned and have yet to learn and using these lessons from the hands of Jesus to make your hands, your feet, your mind, your heart - everything about you - stronger for Christ and more deeply rooted in Him.

I like to think that God has a particular way of using each of us every single day. Yet the way He wants to use you may be entirely different from the way He desires to use me. I'm a writer, a dancer, a communicator. God plays to my strengths. You may be an artist, a musician, an intellect, a reader, a teacher...whatever you are, God wants to use you as you are. No need to change for Him. He wants you exactly you as you are. That face, that smile, that body, that mind, that heart...yes, each and every part of you, was created to fall in love with Jesus and to share His glory.

What a beautiful, humbling, unforgettable year it has been thinking and writing and growing with each and every one of you. Here's to the many years to come!

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:3-6)

All my love,
Haley

Two thumbs up for the best readers around!

Comments

  1. Thank you for offering yourself to be an instrument and vessel of Christ's love. You are imitating Mother Teresa who said she was nothing but a "little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world." Keep sending those letters!!
    Sarah Halaszyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)