Fall in Love with Jesus. Fall in Love with Life.

"I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged Me."
Isaiah 45:5

I know that the strength within me is not my own. In the most vulnerable moments of my life, God has equipped me with the strength I needed. I believe with my whole heart and soul that there is a God because if it wasn't for His strength, I wouldn't have made it through these moments.

As I reflect on the first few chapters of the story of my life, I realize that although sometimes I may think that it's me writing the story, God is holding my hand as I write. C.S. Lewis once said, "When you teach a child writing, you hold its hand while it forms the letters; that is, it forms the letters because you are forming them. We love and reason because God loves and reasons and holds our hand while we do it."

Every good thing inside of us comes from God. When I love the person who treats me the worst, it is God loving through me. When I comfort a friend in need, it is God speaking through me. When I write my blog posts every Sunday, it is God writing through me. It's never me; it's always God. My only goal in life is to be His instrument. Everything else is completely secondary. Yes, academics will always be important, but as long as I am loving Him and doing His will, I cannot go wrong.

Fall in love with Jesus, and you are doing exactly what you need to be doing in this life. Fall in love with Jesus, and watch how things fall into place. I'm not saying that the moment you decide to fall in love with Him, life will be easy. Life is never easy. In some ways, life is much harder as a Christian than as a non-Christian because you have to be vulnerable in the face of criticism and faithful in the face of rejection. However, as you fall in love with Jesus, you will begin to fall more in love with yourself, the people around you, and this beautiful life as a whole.

And in those moments of darkness when you can't seem to see the good inside yourself, remember that every good thing in this world comes from God's hands. I relate to your insecurities more than you know. I know the brokenness of your heart. Some days, I am just the same: insecure and broken. Yet with each new day comes a brand new reminder of God's gracious love for us. If you are tired of your insecurity and brokenness, then simply be done with it. Make the choice to live life anew. Choose happiness. Jesus has said, "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full" (John 10:10). I'm tired of insecurity. I'm tired of brokenness. I want fullness of life. I want Jesus.

I conclude with another fabulous quote from C.S. Lewis. "If you want to get warm, you must stand near the fire. If you want joy, power, peace, eternal life, you must get close to what has them."

If you want strength, you must get close to God and be filled with all the strength you could ever need at the sight of His presence. And even if you fail to draw near to Him, guess what: He will fill you with strength anyway. Remember His promise to you on this day and for the rest of your life: "I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged Me" (Isaiah 45:5).

My challenge to each of my beautiful readers this week is to trust in the strength God is ready and willing to provide for you. In your darkest of moments, all you have to do is draw near to Him, and watch how things will gradually fall into place. Remember, it won't always be easy, but with God at your side, you will always have all the strength you'll ever need in Him.

Song of the Week: The Struggle by Tenth Avenue North

"Hallelujah, we are free to struggle.
We're not struggling to be free."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)