A Love Letter from God to You

A Love Letter from God to You
(Haley Hoyle, May 2011)

Although you cringe and frown and glare,
As into the mirror at your reflection you stare,
Although you dream of altering the way you appear -
     I will wipe away your every tear.
For you are beautiful, My dear, more beautiful than you'll ever know,
And I love you with a kind of love that the world will never be able to show.

Although you regret your mistakes of yesterday,
And wish you were perfect like he, she, or they,
Although you think you're weak when you stumble in life - 
     I will help you fight the thieves of the night.
For you are beautiful, My dear, more beautiful than you'll ever know,
And I love you with a kind of love that the world will never be able to show.

For you are My love,
My gem, My treasure.
Just glancing at your beautiful face,
Gives Me the greatest pleasure.

You are My beloved,
My joy, My everything.
You are My beautiful melody,
The song I love to sing.

No matter where life takes you,
Through every high and every low.
Remember how beautiful you are, My love - 
More beautiful than you'll ever know!

"All beautiful you are, My darling; there is NOTHING in you to cause a fall." Song of Solomon 4:7


I challenge you this week to see yourself the way God sees you. You are His love, His gem, His treasure, His beloved, His joy, His everything. The way you see yourself determines the way you will live out each moment of the rest of your life.


Also, if you have about three minutes to spare, do yourself a favor and click here to watch a powerful video that Dove has created about beauty and learning to see yourself in a new light. It is called "Dove Real Beauty Sketches."

Comments

  1. Is that picture of you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely letter and the song is a perfect match! It never gets old being reminded how much God loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone ever get tired of being loved? How sad if so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)