Joy for the Morning, Hope for the Day, Light for the Night

The only thing of which I am truly afraid in this life is a life without Christ. I cannot imagine anything more disappointing than a life without Him. Those of you who know me well know my personal story, and you know why I truly believe that if it wasn't for God, I wouldn't be where I am today. He gave me strength when I had nothing left inside of me - the strength I needed to let go of the person I wanted to be, instead becoming who He has created me to be.

I can't tell you how many people have approached me directly and said, "I'm not sure you understand what it feels like to struggle, so of course you believe in God. Your life is easy. It's easy to believe in God when your life is only filled with good things." Oh how I love to explain to these people how deeply mistaken they are. You see, the one who follows Christ is the one who realizes his own need for a savior. The Christian is the one who can clearly see his imperfections and wants to do something about them. A Christian is the exact opposite of a perfect person.

I am not perfect, nor will I ever be. I have fallen and failed miserably many, many times in my short life. Yet it is Christ who gives me the strength I need to continue the race of life. It is Christ who arms me with courage in the midst of the battlefield of my soul. I am a Christian because I am so deeply imperfect, and I am so deeply in love with the only One who is capable of turning my imperfections into something beautiful.

I know what you're thinking: You're crazy. Don't worry I've heard it all. From "You're wasting your time," to "You are so stupid to think this is real," I've heard all the critiques, and I don't mind them. Me, crazy? Well, if there is Someone out there who is capable of bringing light to the darkest parts of your life, why wouldn't you be crazy in love with that Someone? If there's a God who is just dying to give you the greatest, most joy-filled life possible, what else can you possibly do besides be crazy about Him? Call me crazy, but to me, the craziest thing one could ever possibly do is choose to live life without Christ.

So take a chance and fall in love with Him. It may just be the craziest thing you'll ever do, but it will be the best decision of your life...a life filled with joy for the morning, hope for the day, and light for the night.

Praying for each of your hearts this week, that you may be overwhelmed by His great love.

Song of the Week:
Worn by Tenth Avenue North

Comments

  1. You are amazing Haley. You don't know me that well at all, but each week I read your posts and cannot tell you how much I admire your passion in everything you do. You are a light in many people's lives, and I hope you realize what a remarkable girl you are. Take care beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment just made me smile so much :) I wish I knew who you were! You don't have to comment anonymously :) Thank you so much for reading. It means the world to me. But just know that it's not me, it's God speaking through me. I pray every single day that He will use me...that my mouth may be His mouth, my ears His ears, my eyes His eyes, my hands His hands, my feet His feet. I am His instrument. Each one of us is His instrument. "God has no hands and feet in this world but ours." Thank you again and feel free to message me on facebook or email if you want! I'd love to talk to you.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful meditation Haley. I love your title and plan to steal it!!! :) God bless you little angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Father Alfonse! :) I miss you so much, but I carry all of the things you've taught me in my heart everyday.

      Delete
  3. Haley,
    I have heard a lot of homilies in my lifetime from a lot of different monks, priests, and even teachers. The thing is it's a rare occasion when one catches my attention the way that your weekly posts do. They take into account things most people wouldn't normally consider. They force the reader to really stop and think and most of all they are so incredibly genuine and heartfelt. I just wanted to say keep doing what you are doing. Don't change a thing. You are someone who has truly embraced Christ and the love and redemption that he offers, and it inspire those of us who read you blog. I just want to say thank you for sharing your faith with the rest of us despite having experienced plenty of opposition. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're an angel. Words can't even express how happy my heart is that this blog has caught on and that people are actually reading. Just always remember that it's not me, it's Him. It's His grace, His mercy, His love, His breath-taking, life-altering beauty and forgiveness. What a savior we have.

      Delete
  4. new to your blog..love your writings..this title sure sounds like a song...i can hear it already...lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)