The Dream

A three-year-old girl was running wild in an open field, skipping and jumping and clapping her hands. She was like the bright sun itself, with a sweet smile on her face and constant giggles leaving her lips. Where was she headed? Why was she all alone?

All of a sudden, from the very middle of the field, came a voice that had that ability to sooth a soul: "My princess!" He said. Her smile widened; the laughter continued. Immediately, she headed for His embrace. They met. He scooper her up in His arms and spun her around and around, just as she always liked.

As the sun began to set, the light burning deep within her soul continued to shine, for He was near. And in His arms was her bliss.

A few nights ago, this is the bliss of which I dreamt. That three-year-old girl, with a sweet smile and constant giggles, so at peace in His arms - that three-year-old was me.

Jesus, thank You for this precious little dream. You tell me in the Gospel of Matthew, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven" (Matthew 18:3). Help me to be Your little child, obedient and faithful, always aware of just how small I am without you.

After all, one of the best feelings I've experienced is the feeling of being small - spiritually, not physically.

The more I realize just how small I am, the more I realize just how big You are.
The more I realize just how weak I am, the more I realize just how strong You are.
Where I lack in size and strength, You more than compensate.

My challenge to you this week is to have faith like a child. I can't stand when people call themselves Christians, yet boast of their great faith. To be a Christian is to be humble, to be weak, to be small, to be so in need of a Savior that you cannot live or breathe without His strength. I challenge you to experience complete dependency on His goodness. Pray to Him; call to Him; cry to Him. Let His strength be your strength.

I'll leave you with this: imagine your own three-year-old self, running and jumping in His arms. "Daddy!" you squeal. "Daddy, I've missed you!" After a short pause, as He holds you close, He whispers, "I've been here this whole time, My love. I'm always here. And I'm not going anywhere."

Beautiful little Emily, God's precious gift to earth.
Today and everyday, let's be His little ones.

"The Lord is my strength and my defense. He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him." (Exodus 15:2)

Song of the week:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrender

Faith is Not a Feeling

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)