The Letter

My Child,

I delight in you (Isaiah 62:4). You know how you feel when you see a glorious sunset? That's how I feel when My eyes meet yours. Everything about you pleases Me. No matter what happens, I am blessed to call you My own, My little one. Yet you worry so much. You step just a centimeter out of line and think that your whole world is crumbling. What you must realize is that simply "your desire to please Me does in fact please Me" (Thomas Merton, "Thoughts in Solitude"). You are trying to please Me, and that's all I ask of you. I do not expect perfection from My children. My little one, all I want for you is to make your home in My arms. All I am is yours. Everything I have, everything I am, I want to give to you.

So why do you run? Why do you insist on finding your own way? Even when you are walking along the path of My Way, you still do not trust. I'm here, My child. What have you to fear? I am for you; who can be against you (Romans 8:31)? When you wake up in the morning, you start your day with fear. Fear you carry with you as you walk from class to class, as you drive to work. And fear you hold tightly when you fall asleep after a hard day's work. Yet there I am, waiting for you. Waiting for you to notice Me.

I wait for you all the day long. You want to be wanted; I want you. You want to be chased; I chase you. You want to be loved, just once, just for a second; I have loved you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3). My child, open those eyes I have given you. Seek Me, and you will find Me (Jeremiah 29:13). I'm here. I've been here this whole time. When you took your first step, I was there, holding your tiny hand. When you moved to a new town, I was there, driving the car. When you experienced your first rejection, I was there, wiping your tears.

My child, I want you to remember why you are here. You are not here to waste a single moment. Everything I have given you is precious. Everything has meaning - a value beyond compare. Don't waste your life wandering in worry and fear. You are not made for those things. If you only knew how much I have in store for you. The plan is only beginning to unfold. Just don't let go of My hand. Please don't let go of My hand. Not like last time. You learned your lesson; don't do it again. Apart from Me, you can do nothing (John 15:5). All you have to do is follow in My footsteps. I will carry you along the way. Trust Me. Know that I will make all things work together for your good, simply because I love you (Romans 8:28).

My child, my little one, hold on tightly. My hand will be there to guide you, My arms to hold you. In sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, in joy as well as in sorrow, I am holding you. My hands are holding you. I long for you to fall deeper in love with Me. I have sent My angels to guide you, to teach you how to follow Me. Listen to them. Do not be afraid. I am with you.

My Child, take My hand. Take My hand. I am here, and always will I be.

Your Father


Comments

  1. rock me, rock me, rock me sexy jesus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that reading this kind of blog is not for everyone. If my blog is not for you, you don't have to read it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That being said, I ask that you respect my opinion and my beliefs and refrain from commenting things like this. As always, constructive criticism is welcome, but inappropriate comments like that are not constructive. Thank you and God Bless.

      Delete
    2. It is preposterous, prideful, and exceedingly presumptuous of you to publish this saccharine letter and deem it the "voice" of God. Your arrogance is outrageous.

      Delete
    3. When I wrote this letter, my intention was NOT to claim that my voice is the voice of God. I am simply trying to be His messenger, writing what I THINK He would say to us if we were face-to-face with Him. Also, the fact that I cited multiple Bible verses (and another outside source, not just the Bible alone), proves that I am not simply using my voice and pretending like it is God's voice. I am not claiming to be God, and I know my words are not arrogant or prideful. Quite the opposite, actually. Like Paul, James, and other authors of the Bible, I understand that I am a slave of Christ (Romans 1:1; James 1:1). I am simply His messenger. I am His servant, His slave, His humble child, and I am only trying to bring His goodness to this broken world. I actually really appreciate your comments because it shows that although you don't agree with me, you did take the time to read my blog. If you'd like to discuss anything else, if you have any questions about what I post, or if you have any more constructive criticism to offer, please let me know. I appreciate criticism, as long as it remains constructive rather than downright offensive. If you feel the need to contact me further about specific aspects of my blog that bother you, please feel free to do so. My contact information is provided on the right-hand side of this page.

      Delete
    4. What do you feel like you are accomplishing with this comment? Do you feel like you are making yourself more right? Do you think this comment convinces anyone else that you are right?

      Delete
    5. When it comes down to it, all I want to do is make other people happy. That's all I'm trying to do. If my blog doesn't make you happy, you don't have to read it - I won't be offended. But please know that I am not trying to come across as prideful or arrogant or having some knowledge of God that other people don't. I just want to make other people's lives better. That's it.

      Thank you for your comments. If you you'd like to discuss anything else in more detail, I'd appreciate it if you'd email me at haley.hoyle@yahoo.com. Thank you.

      Delete
    6. I emailed you before, but you never answered. I am your biggest fan too :(

      Delete
    7. I'm not sure if these comments are all the same person, but to whomever this is, I just responded to your email. Sorry it took me a while.

      Delete
  2. Sorry I should have made that clear. These and the two before it were me. The one two above me was actually not directed towards you, but towards the original comment. I think that you are very wise, and that is why I wanted to ask you questions. I started following a blog of someone I know and started reading yours after that. I will let you know if I have other questions. I actually just sent the email you had responded. I had sent another one over a different topic about two weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies, I got very confused with all of the anonymous comments! Thank you for your emails. I enjoyed your questions. Keep them coming if you want! And feel free to share my blog with anyone you'd like.

      If the first anonymous commenter above is reading this, I'd love for you to email me your thoughts as well. That's the point of my blog, to start conversation like this.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surrender

Faith is Not a Feeling

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)