Not Ashamed

"No place I'd rather be, no place I'd rather be,
Than here in Your love, here in Your love."

As long as I live, I will never forget that moment. We were sitting in a circle, all of my camp friends and counselors at our Christian summer camp in Colorado, singing the words to "Set a Fire" by Will Reagan. After a few minutes, every voice faded away besides the voices of three men in their early 20s. "No place I'd rather be, no place I'd rather be, than here in Your love, here in Your love." Never had I seen so much passion. Their eyes were closed, their hands open, palms facing up. Even from a distance, I could see the tears they were continually wiping from their eyes. Every so often, they would tilt their heads back and open their eyes to the sky, with the greatest of smiles on their faces. True satisfaction. True fulfillment. Found only in the loving, everlasting embrace of our God.

There is nothing more beautiful than a human being's love for Jesus. What draws me to a person is not how well-off they are or even how hard-working they are, but how much they realize their own brokenness and truly desire to cling to the Lord. There's nothing more attractive than a person who understands that without Jesus, he is nothing.

Yet this brings me to another point that some of you may find slightly offensive. If you love Jesus, but do nothing to share His glory, your faith lacks purpose. Now, I'm definitely not implying that you need to give up everything you own and stand on a street corner for the rest of your life, telling every person who passes you by about the great love of the Father.

It doesn't need to be that radical. It's simple, really. If you love Jesus as much as you say you do, you'll share a piece of Him with the people you encounter.

Do you realize that YOU have the potential to change someone's life? You are God's instrument. Mother Teresa once said, "I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world." You are His pencil. Let Him use you to bring good to this world.

My challenge to each of you is to stop being so ashamed of your faith. If you truly believe in something so amazing, so incredible, so life-changing as Jesus Christ, shouldn't you be willing to share Him or talk about Him? To me, the greatest gift you could ever give someone is the gift of hope. And the only way to give someone real, lasting hope is to give them Jesus. If you fail to share your faith with others, you cannot give them the hope that their broken souls so desperately need.

Don't be ashamed of your faith. Share it with the people in your life. After all, what's more worthy of being shared than the greatest news of all time: that we have a God who is dying to redeem us?

Songs of the Week:

Don't be afraid to share your faith. And watch how your life will come ALIVE as you beautifully surrender your whole being to Jesus. All my worries, my fears, I lay them down at Your feet. You are my rest, my sweet release.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surrender

Faith is Not a Feeling

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)