Hand It Over

It was the deepest kind of hopelessness I'd ever experienced.

Have you ever desperately wanted something out of your life, so much so that you're willing to do absolutely anything to get rid of it? It could be a personal habit that burdens your every move, or an enemy who continues to plague your every thought. Every time you even think of this struggle,  you're immediately overcome with disgust, regret, hatred, shame - a mixture of every kind of negative emotion.

But what we must realize is that it doesn't have to be this way. Take a moment and imagine the last time you felt hopeless. Think back to what it felt like. Maybe you turned back to a horrible past habit, for example. Imagine yourself holding something that reminds you of this bad habit. You begin walking forward. As you're walking, you notice a great incline in the land before you, and you slowly make your way up a hill. Unsure of where you're headed, clarity comes into play when you see Him. Your eyes meet His - truly there has never been a more beautiful moment. With one hand still holding that object that reminds you of that horrible past habit, Jesus softly grabs hold of your other hand and leads you forward. After a few moments, His steps come to a halt, and His eyes look upwards. You follow His gaze. Before you is a simple, wooden cross - a symbol of sweet redemption.

"Hand it all over to me, my beloved," He says to you.

You hesitate, wondering if He can really handle what you have to give Him. After a few moments, you finally give in and let go of what you are holding, placing it in His hands. You watch in confusion yet awe as He steps forward and nails it to the cross. Immediately, the weight of the world is lifted off your shoulders. Sweet redemption indeed.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." (Psalm 62:1-2)

Enough of letting hopelessness shake me. God is my rest; I am not shaken.
Enough of wasting time without Him. God is my salvation; I am not shaken.
Enough of letting my past burden my present. God is my rock; I am not shaken.

My challenge to you this week is to pray. Pray like you've never prayed before. I like to think that prayer is the greatest sign of love. Pray for yourself in your own hopelessness, and pray for the people around you in their hopelessness. With patience and faith, God truly answers all prayers. Let everyday become a conversation with Him. Let every moment be a chance to fall more deeply in love with Him.

Remember: we are with Him; we are not shaken.

Song of the week: "Let it Go" by Tenth Avenue North
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66njprg_fq8

"Hand it all over to me, my beloved."
Photo Credit to the lovely Madeline Hill :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)