the best feeling in the world

Today, I'm feeling small for the first time in a long time.

This is seriously the best feeling in the world. You probably think I'm crazy. How could feeling "small" be the best feeling in the world? There is nothing better than realizing just how small you are, and just how big God is. There's nothing cooler than realizing that you are a tiny, imperfect human being...while God is literally the biggest and best thing this world has ever seen.

It's so humbling to realize that without Him, we are literally nothing. Apart from Him, we can no nothing. (see John 15:5) The only thing good in us is Jesus. To be clear, I am not saying that people who do not follow Christ are "bad" people. What I'm saying is this: without Jesus, we are capable of being good people, but without Jesus, we are not capable of reaching our full potential. We need Him in order to become the people He has created us to be. And trust me, He has amazing things in store for us, if only we follow Him. "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" Ephesians 2:10 (NIV).

Today, Jesus has amazed me and surprised me all over again. He has reminded me yet again that there is nothing greater than His sweet, sweet redemption. Nothing - no party, no drink, no boy, no girl, no friend, no family member...nothing and no one will ever compare to His glory and His beautiful grace. I love feeling small. I love being reminded of the fact that the only good thing inside of me is Jesus. Wrap your mind around that: the One who is Sovereign, who is in control, and who will reign forever is inside of you and wants to use YOU to further His kingdom. I am completely humbled by the fact that Jesus, the only perfect, unchanging, and unfailing thing this world has to offer, wants to use me - little imperfect me - to bring light to the world. Let Him use you. "God has no hands and feet in this world but ours."

Beautiful Jesus,
Thank You for allowing me to feel small today.

Thank You for reminding me that the smaller I am, the greater I am. Lord, although I am so unbelievably flawed, Your power is revealed through my weaknesses (see 2 Corinthians 12:9). You use my weaknesses to show the world that where we lack strength, You are our strength, and where we lack courage, You are our courage. You are my refuge; to You I run in the midst of my despair, clinging to Your side. Lord, draw me closer and closer to You.

Allow me to fall in love with You all over again, focusing less on the desires and fake satisfactions of this world and more on Your unfailing grace. Never let me go a day without being reminded of just how good You are. Remind me that the fulfillment this world has to offer is not what I need. You are what I need. Your love is more than enough for me. You are my desire, my whole life, my everything. In You, I find the fulfillment for which I am desperately searching. I now know that this quest for satisfaction will never be fulfilled in this life, but only in You and in the life to come. In You, I am overwhelmed with the love I so desire. And I know in my heart without a doubt that "Your love is better than life" (Psalm 63:3).

Song of the week: "So Small" by Carrie Underwood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQj6RrQbgA

Sometimes we must realize just how small we are and just how big our God is.
Yes Hunter Fulsom, that's you :)
Photo credit: the one & only Katherine Diamond

Comments

  1. Love this!!! You are such a light for the Lord!!:)

    -your wingwoman :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)