Hungering for His Love

"Tell them how much I love them."

The other day I was praying, "Lord, what do You want me to tell Your children? What do they need to know? How can I help them get closer to You?" My mind was racing with questions, thoughts, concerns..."Lord, I want so desperately for these people to know You more, and to give up their lives for You. How do I help them see Your beautiful face?" And in the midst of my anxiety, the Lord was quick to quiet my fears with these seven words: "Tell them how much I love them." That was it; that was my answer. This week, Christ has helped me to realize that the first step to developing a relationship with Him is realizing just how much He loves us. This is where you must begin: on your knees, with your head held high at the foot of the cross, gazing into His most beautiful eyes that tell of His great love for all the world.

If I could have one wish, it would be for each of my loved ones to know Jesus. And if I know one thing in this world to be true, it is this: there is nothing greater than knowing Jesus. There is nothing greater than seeing His face and being in His presence. Nothing in this broken world could ever compare to His love. The reality is that we all hunger for love. We all want to know that people actually care for us and that we are actually wanted in this world. What we must realize is that every single one of our intense longings for love can only be completely satisfied right back where we started, at the foot of the cross...on our knees, with our heads held high, gazing into His beautiful eyes.

Do you understand how much Christ loves you? Jeremiah 31:3 says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love" (NIV). But maybe you've gone down a different path in your life...maybe you've chosen to stray from Christ, to do your own thing. And now your mind begins to race with questions, thoughts, concerns: What if I'm too far gone for Jesus? How could He possibly forgive me, little imperfect me, for the many awful things I've done? How could I ever win back His love? Stop right there. You have His love. You've had it this whole time. God loved you with an everlasting love the day you were born. And today, He loves you with that same love. And tomorrow, His love for you will still be there. What you must realize is that no matter how many times you screw up, God is there. And God is real. God is active; He is living; He is in this world no matter how much you try to ignore the fact that He is ALIVE. His love for you is alive and is growing and growing every day.

So take a step back. Everything you've done in the past? So what. Christ has forgiven you. He has made you NEW. Ignore the past; live in the present. Today, open your eyes and realize just how much He loves you. Live today with the knowledge that Christ, the Savior of the world, the Son of Man, the God of all, loves YOU with an everlasting love that will never fade. Live in His love today. Cling to His love today. Let Him sustain you and carry you all the days of your life. Lord, I pray for my readers, that today You may overwhelm each and every one of them with Your great love. Show them Your beautiful face. I did my best in telling them how much You love them, and I'll let You do the rest and work so actively in their lives as You always do. And remember, my dear sweet readers, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

Song of the week: "Turn Around" by Matt Maher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCi8P7W_tAw

Special thanks to Raleigh Ward for the picture :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith is Not a Feeling

Surrender

How to Overcome Depression (Step One)